Professional Sunscreen for Scars
- SPF 50+ sunscreen combined with ingredients that moisturise, smooth and soften the appearance of scars and other skin imperfections.
- 20% Zinc rich formula provides SPF 50+ protection
- Natural tint to help conceal skin imperfections and scars
- Paraben and fragrance free
- Helps protect sensitive skin from sun damage
Professional Sunscreen for Scars contains five effective ingredients to moisturise, smooth and soften the appearance of scars and other skin imperfections.
- Pro-vitamin B5 to improve skin’s hydration
- Vitamin B3 to aid in skin elasticity
- Allantoin to help improve the skin’s barrier function
- Aloe Vera to moisturise as well as help reduce irritation
- Vitamin E to help smooth scar tissue
Preservatives: Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid.
Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 200mg/g, Octocrylene 20mg/g, Bemotrizinol 30mg/g, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate 40mg/g.
How to apply
Apply sunscreen liberally and evenly to areas of scar affected skin at least 15-20 minutes prior to going out into the sun. Rub into affected area with a gentle motion. Use in conjunction with regular body sunscreen to ensure the recommended 35ml of sunscreen per full body application.
TO ENSURE ADEQUATE PROTECTION, CANCER COUNCIL RECOMMENDS ALL SUNSCREENS BE RE-APPLIED EVERY TWO HOURS OR AFTER SWIMMING, EXERCISING OR TOWEL DRYING. AVOID PROLONGED SUN EXPOSURE AND ALWAYS WEAR PROTECTIVE CLOTHING, A BROAD BRIM HAT AND EYEWEAR WHEN OUT IN THE SUN.
For new scar tissue and healing skin, avoid exposure to the sun, to reduce risk of burning. Apply sunscreen to unbroken skin every 2 hours. Ensure the area around and on new scars is well protected with liberal amounts of sunscreen and the use of protective clothing. For sun protection information, visit www.cancer.org.au/sunsmart
CAUTION: Do not use on broken, damaged or diseased skin. Avoid contact with eyes, (rinse thoroughly with water if contact occurs). For new scar tissue, test product for any skin irritation on a small area of the new skin. If irritation or rash develops, discontinue use and seek medical advice. Store below 30°C.